Choosing your Calgary catering company for your special day can be overwhelming . At Rusty Spur Catering we understand how difficult this decision can be, we want to offer some helpful suggestions based on our experiences to help the decision be less stressful. For service catering service in Calgary and the surrounding area please give us a call at 403.813.5025
- Choose a menu that reflects your tastes, however always keep your guests in mind. It’s your first time hosting as a married couple and you want your guests to enjoy their meal.
- Ask about a tasting. Most caterers will do their best to accommodate one after a deposit has been made. Some are no cost and others will deduct the cost from the final catering invoice.
- Ask your caterer for the recommended amount of hor’s doevures for the cocktail hour. They have the experience and know how to plan accordingly.
- Try to offer options for your guests with dietary restrictions, for example vegetarian, vegan and gluten free. Most caterers are happy to accommodate with proper advanced notice.
- Decide on a service style, buffet, plated or family style.
- Have an appointed person to liaison with the on site catering team, to ensure that the time line for serving, clearing are met.
- If choosing a plated dinner service, have guests indicate their menu selection on the RSVP. By doing so you can provide accurate counts, eliminating unnecessary expense and food waste.
- Have a menu card at each table so that your guests can see the menu and alert the catering staff of any food allergies.