It’s always fun in the New Year to read all the blogs and reports about trends in the upcoming year. Here is our take:
- Plant based foods! Vegan menus are becoming increasingly popular, people are more health conscious than ever and there is real concern about the environmental impact of traditional protein based diets.
- Zero to low food waste kitchens. Sustainability and local are expected. Biodegradable disposables are a must. Real policy in regards to composting, recycling , reducing waste and using non harmful cleaning products.
- Streetfood inspired menus, food trucks and trailers providing everything from late night snacks, desserts to full bar set ups.
- Big flavours ( think gochujang ), kicked up classic/ comfort food. Fried chicken, escargot and deviled eggs to name a few.
- Cooking and baking with cannabis, CBD infused beverages and cocktails.
- True and authentic hospitality. Accountability to companies to insure that staff are working in a safe environment, are well treated and paid fairly.
- People’s love of minis will continue for both savoury and sweets. We also see the continued interest in catering options that are not the traditional buffet dinner.